The holidays can be a great time to visit family, hit the slopes or flee to the beach. Regardless of how you spend your time away, you need to ensure your house stays safe while you’re gone.
At Absolute Insurance, we want to make it a little easier for you to get out of town with peace of mind and return to everything you left behind. Below are some pointers for prepping your home before you travel this holiday season.
- Lock it up. Check and double-check that you have locked all doors and windows.
- Check under the mat. If you store an extra key outside of your house, remove it. Instead, give the key to a trusted friend or neighbor in case someone needs to enter in an emergency.
- Communicate. Inform a friend or neighbor that you will be away. Ask them to keep an eye on the house, and give them a way to reach you to report any suspicious activity. Refrain from communicating your absence on social media. Wait until after your return to share the details of your vacation.
- Fore-go deliveries. Make sure to stop delivery of packages, mail, newspapers, and anything else that could pile up on your porch.
- Remove temptations. Do not leave wrapped gifts or expensive electronics visible through windows and doors.
From all of us at Absolute Insurance, we wish you and your family (and your home and belongings) a very safe and joyous holiday!